There is still some uncertainty as to which Taylor gave this street its name.
We have been advised that this street was named after Adam Taylor (brother of Robert Taylor of ‘Valleyfield’).
Adam Taylor opened farming land at Newnham (possibly the Russell Plains property, run by the late Mr Lesley Taylor).
It is also possible that the street was named after Captain John C Taylor who lived in this area in the 1880’s. A Charles F Taylor, who was a tobacconist and hairdresser, also lived between Taylor and Henty Streets.