Launceston Church Grammar School is a co-educational Anglican school with boarding facilities from Pre-Kinder to Grade 12.
Our boarding house can host up to 80 students which are between Grades 5 to 12. Launceston Grammar is the oldest continually operating school in Australia (founded in 1846) and has a long and proud heritage and an outstanding academic record. Building on the strong traditions of the past, our present students look to the future as the time when they will be leaders of Australian society or within whichever community they find themselves.
We strive to nurture the academic, cultural, physical, social and spiritual dimensions of each child in our care. At Launceston Grammar our mission has been to Nurture, Challenge and Inspire students in our care to become active, self-directed global citizens.
• Nurture – We nurture our students to thrive and succeed by providing and fostering supportive environments;
• Challenge – We challenge students to be creative, inquisitive, collaborative and critical thinkers in diverse educational settings; and
• Inspire – We inspire students to reach their full potential through use of innovative and student-centred teaching practices.
What has underpinned a Launceston Grammar education?
• We believe that learning is only truly relevant and useful if it can be applied to the world around us.
• We actively encourage our students to become informed and involved participants in the global community.
• We believe that the holistic development of the individual is of vital importance.
• We aim to nurture and encourage the academic, spiritual, physical and social dimensions of all students.
Our Senior Campus facilities include an indoor swimming pool, separate boys’ and girls’ boarding house, Faulkner Park Equestrian Centre, Poimena Arts Centre, Henrietta Cooper Music Centre, Stannard Clark Technology Centre, Fairthorne Sports Centre, Sinclaire Trust Auditorium, mountain bike track, cricket pavilion, netball and tennis courts and School Chapel.
We invite you to discover our school, to ask questions about what matters most to you, to experience the energy, substance and community of this famous school – where you’ll find warmth in every welcome, a respect for each individual and an honest pursuit for truth in all endeavours.
The School has two campuses, a Junior Campus (Early Learning – Grade 6), which is located in Lyttleton Street, East Launceston, and our Senior Campus (Grades 7 – 12), which is located at 36 Button Street, Mowbray.